The Kaha Sciences Mouse Telemetry System consists of 3 main components: the implantable biopotential telemeter (MT10B), a tBase (digital receiver & wireless power platform in one device) and a Configurator System for system setup.
The use of 40 independent transmission frequencies, allows for simultaneous biopotential recordings from up to 40 mice without the need for shielding or special caging.
Mouse Telemetry System Components
Mouse Biopotential Telemeter (MT10B)
- Sampling rate 2 kHz — the highest sampling rate available for chronic mouse telemetry studies
- Unique contoured shape designed for subcutaneous implantation
- Single-use telemeter shipped sterile and ready for implantation for increased study efficiency
- Receives data and powers Kaha Sciences mouse telemeters within 7 cm vertical distance from the tBase
- No special caging required: Optimized to fit standard mouse cages up to European standard type II long cages
- Outputs an index of animal activity
- Analog outputs (BNC) allow connection to any data acquisition system
Configurator System (TR190 and ConfigSoft)
- Allocates and pairs tBases and telemeters to one of 40 independent frequencies— collect data from up to 40 in the same room
- Controls all Kaha Sciences telemetry equipment in a laboratory — only one Configurator needed regardless of system size
- Controls both mouse and rat telemetry system