Optogenetic stimulation and recording without the restriction of battery life
The Kaha Sciences Optogenetics telemeter from ADInstruments is the first fully implantable, wireless optogenetic solution to offer both optogenetic stimulation and recording (EEG, ECG, and EMG) within the same device.
Designed for use in rats, the optogenetics telemeter is an ideal solution for chronic and therapeutic research applications including heart pacing, seizure suppression, and reducing abnormal motor symptoms, without the restrictions of battery power and tethers.
- Suitable for use in rats >175g
- Fully implantable – No tethers
- Reusable telemeters encased in durable, biocompatible hard-shell
- Simultaneous biopotential recording (e.g. ECG, EEG or EMG) and Blue LED (460nm) light stimulation
- Completely software controlled, user-defined stimulation parameters
- Powered by the SmartPad using patented wireless inductive technology, supporting continuous recording at high sampling rates (2kHz) for extended periods
- Data transmission range up to 5 meters using battery backup
- Cohousing feature enables two rats in the same cage or single rat (>350g) implanted with two telemeters for extended signal recording options
A typical telemetry setup requires one telemeter of your choice and one SmartPad per animal. Each laboratory requires just one Configurator to configure all your Kaha equipment.
Pair with PowerLab and LabChart/LabChart Lightning, and you have a complete solution for recording and analyzing a range of physiological signals over extended periods of time.
Advantages of Telemetry Based Optogenetics
|Conscious||Collect data from conscious animals and perform cognitive and behavioral studies not possible under anesthesia.|
|Unrestrained||Perform studies on animals in their home cage without the stress of handling or tethers.|
|Long-term||Offers truly chronic recording over days, weeks, or months. Develop stimulation protocols while studying biological rhythms and follow the development of pathology as it occurs.|
|Fully Implantable||Full surgical implantation of telemeters ensures there are no exposed wounds or sites for possible infections, improving animal welfare.|